This is a list of all the tools and resources I personally use for my business. I only recommend these ones because I have experience with all of them and know that they will help you in growing your home business too.
MUST-HAVE TOOLS TO BUILD YOUR BUSINESS
Bluehost: My website is hosted on Bluehost because it’s the easiest-to-use hosting platform. It comes with 1-click WordPress installation and top-notch phone and online customer service (but I doubt you’ll need to contact them because you’ll rarely face any big issues :P). Price: $3.95/month including 1 free domain
GetResponse: Building your email list is your #1 priority and this is what I use to build mine. Getresponse is hands down the best and most affordable autoresponder/email marketing service that includes surveys, webinar and landing page integration. Deliverability is awesome, the tracking service is second to none and there’s 24/7 LIVE chat support! Price: First 30 days free, then $15/month (first 1k subscribers)
Leadpages: One of the easiest, fastest and best tools to create high-quality landing pages, squeeze pages, webinar pages, thank you pages … you name it. With 80+ templates for you to choose and customize from plus ongoing updates and handy features being added, Leadpages will help you convert your read
ers into buyers. Price: $37/month
ClickMagick: An absolute must-have for every internet marketer. ClickMagick allows you to manage links in your funnel to track and optimize your overall online business efforts. Some features include: link masking, in-depth link tracking, retargeting and link rotating. Price: Free first 14 days, then starting from $12/month
OTHER HANDY TOOLS OF THE TRADE
- The Genesis Theme: This is the theme and framework my WordPress site is built on. As one of the top premium themes around, Genesis offers many built-in functions and flexibility in customizing your site. It’s 100% search-engine optimized and is perfect for you whether you’re a newbie or a veteran developer. Price: As low as $59.95
- Design Palette Pro: While Genesis is a great theme, some features like margin gaps, border size, fonts etc can only be further customized with code. I’ve broken my entire blog before purely by stuffing around with the code (BIG mistake), so that’s why I always use this tool to make easy adjustments and changes to the “look” of my blog. Price: As low as $49
- Check out my top 9 free WordPress plugins that every site needs in this article here
- Deposit Photos: Where I go to purchase high quality stock images for my blog posts. They offer subscription plans starting from $0.15 per image as well as pay-as-you-go credit plans which start from $1 per image.
- Canva: This is the online graphics software I use to create my graphics including Youtube thumbnails, featured post images, Facebook cover photos and video slides. Price: Free (additional images can be purchased for $1 each)
- HootSuite Pro: This is the tool I use to manage and track all my social media accounts in one place – this saves me a lot of time in accessing every account individually. Some of the key features include bulk scheduling posts, interacting with followers and extensive social analytics reporting. Price: 30 day free trial, then $10.99/month
- Adobe Premier Pro: The software I use for screen captures and editing videos. Price: $15.99/month
- Nikon D3100 (The Camera I Use): It’s not necessary to invest in a video camera if you’re just starting out, but if you’re serious about video marketing then I recommend the Nikon D3100. With user-friendly features like interactive guided shooting mode and auto-focus, it’s perfect for beginners and doesn’t break the budget.
- Rode Podcaster USB Dynamic Microphone: Audio is by far much more important than visuals when it comes to video marketing and audio quality almost always comes down to your microphone. I use this condenser microphone for all screencasting videos or ones where I do voice-over work. It it combines broadcast-audio quality with the simplicity of USB connectivity. Price: $215
- Sennheiser EW 112P G3-A: For videos where I’m in the screen, sometimes you’ll see a little black peg clipped to me. This is the lapel/lavalier microphone I’m using to make sure my audio isn’t diluted by any background noise. Price: $574
- VideoBlocks: An online subscription that includes over 115,000 clips of stock video, footage, and backgrounds. This membership is a license for unlimited download and use of these clips in my videos. Price: $79/month, but use this link and only pay $99 for one year’s subscription!
- AudioBlocks: Similar to VideoBlocks, but for stock audio only. Subscription includes over 100,000 music tracks, sound effects and loops. Price: $79/month, but use this link and only pay $99 for one year’s subscription!
- InstaThumbnail: This is the online software I use to make Youtube thumbnails in a matter of minutes. Simply grab your Youtube URL, plug it into InstaThumbnail and you’ll be able to choose a screenshot of your video and add customized text. This is an effective way to attract more clicks (and views) to your videos! Price: From $22.97
I’ve invested in a series of courses that have helped me use different platforms to generate targeted leads online.
- Fiverr: An online marketplace to outsource different freelance tasks and jobs, all starting at $5. Great, inexpensive place to get a logo or eBook cover design done, but I do recommend you do your due diligence when finding a freelancer because with jobs at price tag of $5, you do get what you pay for.
- Odesk: Another outsourcing site for web and mobile developing, designing, transcribing, writing, customer service agents, sales/marketing and accountants. It works by you posting up a job description (including your budget) and having freelancers apply for it, to which you can then select. The jobs can be one-off or ongoing, but I use Odesk primarily to find my virtual assistants.
- Dot Com Secrets By Russel Brunson: The #1 book every person must read when starting out with internet marketing. Written by one of the industry’s top earners, Brunson breaks down the exact steps to succeeding online including sales funnel creation, campaign testing, attraction marketing and branding. Price: FREE (only pay $7.95 for worldwide shipping)
Disclosure: Please be aware that some of the links above are affiliate links. This means that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please understand I only recommend these because they are useful, not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to purchase. Please do not spend your money on these products unless you feel they will help you achieve your business goals.